When choosing an HVAC system for your business, there are often various factors to take into account. Many commercial spaces require specific temperatures, moisture levels and indoor air quality standards for the comfort of customers and employees as well as for possible products produced or stored on the premises. Finding a suitable system means considering the heating and cooling needs of your space, the energy-efficiency levels, as well as the installation and maintenance costs. Your business is unique, so assessing what system is right for you is essential. For example, a bakery and a big box store are going to have different needs, and sometimes these needs can be quite specific. It’s always wise to consult a professional before deciding what type of system to choose for your commercial footprint.
Spaces on the smaller side, such as a local bookstore, coffee shop, or pet groomer, are perfect for ductless units. If your business has offices with many smaller rooms, ductless systems can be beneficial. One of the many perks of choosing a ductless system is that you can heat and cool each room or area to a specific temperatures. This feature is excellent for office spaces with employees who prefer varied temperatures, restaurants with hot kitchens, and more. Alternatively, ductless systems are less suitable for large open areas. For instance, a ductless unit is most likely not the right choice for a warehouse.
More benefits of a ductless system
There are many pros and cons when sifting through the options for both ductless and ducted systems. However, if a ductless unit can effectively control your space’s climate, there are many other advantages.
- Upfront costs of ductless systems are lower. If you’ve purchased a business without existing ductwork, you’ll save a significant amount of money on the cost of installing ductwork.
- Each zone has its own thermostat so employees can have precise and consistent temperature control in their area without affecting other zones.
- Installation is simple and fast. As ductless systems only have two units (one indoor and one outdoor), the process usually takes just one day!
- While energy-efficient systems come in many forms, ductless systems are known for their superior efficiency compared to other units. According to Energy Star, mini-split heat pumps use up to 60% less energy than standard electric heating systems. This is because they transfer instead of generate heat.
- Since the compressor is located outside, ductless systems are very quiet and the only thing you will hear indoors in the fan needed to move the air.
- Indoor air quality is a priority for most businesses, especially those serving food. Each indoor unit has built-in air filters to remove pollutants and allergens from the air. This makes spaces healthier and more comfortable.
Whether you’re buying a new system for your Rhode Island business or home, one of our factory trained technicians can help you find the perfect unit.